Louise Proud, Vice President of Global EHS; Pfizer Inc.
Louise Proud leads the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) program for Pfizer Inc, based in Groton, Connecticut. Her team is responsible for:
- Leadership of the company Business Resilience program
- Leadership of the Environmental Sustainability (Climate Action and Sustainable Medicines) program
- Design and maintenance of EHS Management Systems including the Pfizer Inc EHS Policy, supporting Global EHS Standards and Recommended Practices
- EHS and BCM technical program development, capability building and knowledge management
- EHS and BCM compliance assurance through conduct of internal site EHS audits, assessment of external suppliers; and managing corrective actions to closure
- Provision of Corporate EHS Services including Hazard Communication (e.g. Occupational Exposure Value setting, Product segregation characterization assignments, authoring Safety Data Sheets) and Environmental Toxicology programs, including establishing Environmental Interest Levels (EILs)
- Oversight and maintenance of corporate EHS / BCM risk evaluation and escalation processes
- Development and maintenance of EHS metrics; including public EHS goals
- Company EHS disclosures and stakeholder engagement
- Leadership of the Corporate EHS recognition program (Safety & Sustainability Star Awards)
Louise is a member of the Pfizer Quality Operations and EHS Leadership Team; the Environment, Social Governance Steering Team and Corporate Crisis Management Team. She has over 25 years of professional EHS experience and holds specialisms in health & safety and occupational hygiene. She joined Pfizer in 1998 as an Assistant Safety Adviser at the Sandwich, UK, R&D site. Since then she has expanded her responsibilities relocating to the United States in 2008 firstly to lead the EHS integration of an acquired animal health company (Embrex) prior to joining the Global EHS team as the R&D EHS Lead. Since that time, she has broadened her EHS leadership responsibilities and was appointed into her current role in Jan 2019.
Prior to joining Pfizer, Louise was a health & safety consultant and held a dual consulting and epidemiological research position at the Institute of Occupational Medicine in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Louise holds a master’s degree in Occupational Hygiene from the University of Aberdeen and an Honors bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Edinburgh. She is a chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). She is married to Andrew a scientific project leader and jointly they are parents to three high school /college aged children, and a quarantine puppy.